Samstag, 12. April 2008

Lake Titicaca and Machu Picchu (und es geht in die Verlaengerung)

After I left La Paz I went to puno which is on lake titicaca, one of the highest lakes in the world with navy on it. At the lake I visited a tribe of people living on floating islands...made out of sugar cane and bamboo. It was really interesting to see how they live, and how everything on that little island is based on sugar cane(Zuckerrohr) food, the ground, houses and boats all made out of it.
My next stop was Cusco, with the world famous and well known Machu Picchu in its region. One can only do tours to Machu Picchu, which differ in price and route. I had to take the cheaper one because I'm runing out of money and one has to book the other tour 4 months in advance to get a place...
It was a 4 days 3 nights tour with a day of biking, 2 days of walking to Machu Picchu and the 4th day was just Machu Picchu....and I can tell u it was great. really really exhausting and hot but the end with Machu Picchu was worth every single mountain we had to climb, worth every little river we had to cross just totally worth it... check out the pics tomorrow..
After the tour I stayed for a couple of nights in cusco, to sort out my plan of extending my trip for another 4 to 7 weeks... I know you'd like me to come back sooner or later, and I promise I will. It is just that I really would like to take more spanish lessons to take something with me, when I have to leave South - America. I decided to fly to Lima and take approximately 4 or 5 buses to get to Ecuador where I want to take my lessons at a school on the beach, while living in a local family. To be honest I didn't first think about this idea in cusco, I already changed my flight to the first of June in La Paz... : )
so I hope every thing is fine back home and as it looks like, we gonna see us a bit later...
hug u ALL
your Weltenbummler
Simon

Keine Kommentare: